About 10 years ago, I had lunch at a friend’s house and she had made this bread that was super delicious! It always stuck out in my mind, and I kick myself a decade later for NOT asking her for the recipe or even the name, because I would Love to make it again!
This recipe may or may not be that bread, but it seems similar enough. Healthier Hummingbird Bread with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Glaze just might be the closest thing I can find although her bread had powdered sugar on top instead of the glaze, that much I can tell you for sure.
But this bread has cream cheese glaze along with pecans and I’m sure it’s gonna be delicious! I can’t wait to try it! It has all these amazing ingredients that you would never think to find in bread, and these ingredients make it VERY tasty… It’s got:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large)
- ¾ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained well
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconutFor the glaze:
- 4 ounces ⅓ less fat neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1½- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk*
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Mashed bananas, crushed pineapple and coconut… in BREAD?!?! Boy, oh boy I can taste it NOW!!
Thanks to Marcie, a culinary school graduate, and Flavor the Moments for this delicious and very tasty bread…good job!! Be sure to click here now for the full instructions. Enjoy!