Who doesn’t love Italian! The “go to” dish when most people think Italian is spaghetti & meatballs, but to me, nothing hits home to my pallet more than Fettucine Alfredo! Take a look at this spin on the old Italian classic from Serious Eats. Here we have “Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo” that most any family would enjoy. But if that’s not enough for you, you have to option to choose Shrimp & Broccoli as well as, Spanish, Indian or Asian variations if you want to branch out a little. This is one flexible dish! It’s great if your family would enjoy having foods from other cultures at their dinner table.
Here is what you’ll need to make Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo:
- 1/2 of a 16 ounce package linguine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
And don’t forget about the different variations this recipe has to offer. You won’t believe how simple it is to DRASTICALLY change the outcome of this dish, for the better obviously. Here’s an example:
Spanish-Inspired Tip: Reduce the chicken to 1/2 pound and omit the Parmesan cheese. Prepare as directed above. Stir 1/2 pound peeled cooked shrimp, 1/4 pound chorizo or ham, diced and 1 teaspoon paprika into the soup mixture.
It’s just THAT simple. If you were smart, you could make this dish every night for a WEEK and your family would never know the difference! Head on over to Serious Eats to find out more. Enjoy!