I bet you have never seen a snack quite like this! I sure haven’t, that’s why i wanted to share it with all of you. This recipe for “Apple Spice Cupcakes” is from the fine folks over at Taste of Home. One thing is for sure, it really does look like an apple when you’re done. As far as novelty cupcakes go, it doesn’t get much better than this! Best of all, if you are an apple fan, you are in paradise! They come out to be really moist too, which is something you want in a good– no– GREAT cupcake!.
Here’s what you will need to make these delicious cupcakes:
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Red paste or liquid food coloring
- 24 pieces black licorice (3/4 inch)
- 12 green spice gumdrops
Now head on over to Taste of Home and find out how to make this soon-to-be bake sale favorite!